1. Arjuna requests Krishna to move his chariot between the two armies. When Arjuna sees his
relatives on the opposing army side of the Kurus, he loses courage and decides not to fight.
2. After asking Krishna for help, Arjuna is instructed that only the body may be killed, while the
eternal self is immortal. Krishna appeals to Arjuna that as a warrior he has a duty to uphold
the path of dharma through warfare.
3. Arjuna asks why he should engage in fighting if knowledge is more important than action.Krishna stresses to Arjuna that performing his duties for the greater good, but without attachment to results is the appropriate course of action.
4. Krishna reveals that he has lived through many births, always teaching Yoga for the
protection of the pious and the destruction of the impious and stresses the
importance of accepting a guru.
5. Arjuna asks Krishna if it is better to forgo action or to act. Krishna answers that
Read more »